Victoria Falls Safari Club Dinner
Crumbed Brie Cheese Salad
(Mixed lettuces, rocket, basil, beetroot crisps, walnuts and cranberry sauce)
- 150g brie cheese
- 1/5 cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ Lettuces (red, fancy, romaine, butter)
- 20g Tomatoes
- 20g Cucumber
- 1 bunch (Rocket, basil)
- 20g Red pepper
- 60g Walnuts
- 5g beetroot crisps
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1/3 Cranberry sauce
- Cut brie cheese into +/- 1-inch wedges.
- Dust cheese wedges with flour shaking off excess. Dip into egg, then coat in bread crumbs, pressing well. Place onto a plate. Chill 15 minutes.
- Make dressing: In a jug, whisk oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, cranberry sauce and maple syrup together. Season to taste.
- In a small saucepan, heat vegetable oil on medium. Deep fry cheese wedges 1-2 minutes until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- In a salad bowl combine all the vegetables. Top with cheese and sprinkle with walnuts and beetroot crisps. Drizzle over dressing and serve.